View Single Post

Old 03-29-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
I had the pleasure of experiencing Leesburg hospital a week ago Monday night. I came down with some nasty viral thing with a high fever and ended up pretty dehydrated. Drove to the Leesburg ED at about 10:30 PM. Very quiet. One person in front of me. I was in an exam room in about 30 minutes. Took another hour for a Doc to show up but I think that timeframe was based on waiting for the results of my Covid/Flu test. Both negative. Doc was kind of indifferent to my plight but I can't say that I blame him. By this time my fever was down. He ordered some basic blood work and IV fluids for me. The nurse who took my blood and administered the IV is in no danger of winning employee of the month but she did an adequate job. The lab wanted one of the draws to be redone but I declined. Took about 75 minutes to get the results of my blood work and by then the IV was done.

After the IV I was feeling better so I was happy to get out of there by 2:15 AM or so. There is a helipad right by the ED entrance so I assume it's a trauma center. The place was clean and modern and had a lab working at 2:00 AM on a Tuesday.

I've had less than ideal experiences at Mass General Hospital in Boston while I was an employee there. As they say, your mileage may vary in all of these hospitals but my experience at Leesburg was overall positive.
The helipad is there to pick up patients...... Leesburg is NOT a trauma center....