View Single Post

Old 03-30-2023, 12:04 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Some weeks back we were behind a service truck on El Camino Real. Can’t recall the name of the company but as I recall it was appliance service and repair. On the back of the truck was one of those “How Is My Driving” sign, along with a phone number to call if one wanted to enlighten the company as to how their employee was driving.

The last four numbers of the phone number had been sanded off.

True story.

I think speeding service vehicles can be a definite concern. If you think they are a danger, then call the company and report it. The name of the company will be on the vehicle somewhere.
I understand most delivery trucks and appliance repair have company names, but have you noticed the number of very beat up old trucks with all kinds of lawn equipment in the back, and a trailer attached, with no license plates, no name on truck ? One nearly took out the gate arm leaving our village last Tuesday ! Leaving the village so fast they did not slow down enough for the gate to clear; it "dinged" but did not come off...truck didn't even slow down to "check" what they had hit ! Time is money ? The faster you get to the next house the more lawns you can do ? And YES, we have seen truck where the "licensed & insured" numbers are rusted or sanded off, and saw a plumbing truck in Wildwood just yesterday with one of those "How is my driving signs" then, NO phone number ! Maybe the company was getting too many calls from drivers with a cell phone who observed the speeding... or in this case, went through a red (not yellow caution) light !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 03-30-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo