View Single Post

Old 04-02-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Watching 300+ yard drives is truly amazing. My friend came down to visit, and golf, last week and brought his 32 year old son with him. On many par 4’s we had to wait for the green to clear because the kid was driving them from the blue tees. On the par 5 12th hole at Tierra Del Sol (a dogleg left) the kid hit over the trees, taking out the dogleg, and his ball winded up in the center of the fairway 110 yards from the hole. It took me two decent shots to get there. It’s amazing how far the professionals hit the ball, and many of them are only about 5’10” and 160 lbs.
I don't know how many professional golfers you have seen lately but nowadays they are more like a cross between a thoroughbred racehorse and an NFL tight end. I've worked at the Arnold Palmer Invitational five of the past six years and when you're up close and personal with these guys they are physical specimens. I'm 6'2" and I found myself looking up at most of these guys. Every moment they're not on the golf course they're in the gym. These guys aren't Peter Jacobsen!