View Single Post

Old 04-02-2023, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,498 Times in 2,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I have played, pickup games, with former pro soccer players, former pro ice hockey players, raced against olympic yacht racers, was part of team that dominated college sailing and won a national championship, and marshaled at a PGA event. Professional athletes are built and wired way differently than the average athlete. I can't imagine what they have innately that we don't. (Aren't we all the same?) They have higher sensory levels and top whatever % of muscle / brain requirements that allow them to play at that level consistently and over long periods of time. Most of them started very young, as I did in sailing. . . but they are just built differently than we are.

and knowing a couple of these people, they all know how to cheat or where the limits of the rules are, and try to gain an advantage getting as close to that edge as possible or going over slightly, entering the grey area of interpretation. Whether they cheat or not is up to the individual. . .

sportsguy in name only
Back in the 50's and 60's I played rugby at a pretty competitive level, but by today's standards of build and fitness, I would be classed as undersized, and seriously underweight.
Almost anorexic.
They are monsters out there now, and that's just the Juniors!