Thread: BMW Owners
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2023, 04:22 PM
Default BMW of Ocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in. thanks
I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this dealership! I took my 2017 540i xdrive to them for four new tires. After three days, I called them. They told me they had discovered my right front CV joint needed to be replaced. It was covered by warranty. A few days later, I called them to check on progress. They said they didn’t have “the tool” to work on xdrive, and they didn’t know my car was xdrive. Let’s see: It says so on the trunk! It also lets them know when they put my key in the reader. Seriously! I had a loaner, so I offered to drive to one of the five dealers within 100 miles of them to borrow “the tool.” BTW, they could have made one call to BMW USA and had it overnighted to them. Then my service advisor told me they were not to happy with me for having my car on their lift all this time. Folks, you can’t make this stuff up! Finally, we went to get my car. We drove it home, and we noticed a knocking sound when we made a hard left turn. Called the next day and asked them to send a flat bed to pick up the car. Several more days passsd. Finally was able to pick up my car. NEVER AGAIN! We had the best dealer when we lived in Knoxville, TN. (Grayson BMW). I had no idea there was such disparity in BMW dealers. We have driven BMWs since 1996, and I’ve never had such a deplorable experience.