Old 04-22-2023, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,364 Times in 2,083 Posts

I saw that Johnny Depp movie, too.
Dead Man - Rotten Tomatoes

I found it very odd though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
One of my favorites (I forget the name) involved Johnny Depp as an Eastern accountant that wanted to take a job out West. He rides a train westward. At each stop the passengers get increasingly more "rough and tumble". When he gets to the western town, the job is taken. So, confused and alone he goes to a hotel for a drink and a room. He meets a woman and they end up in bed. Then her ex comes in to shoot her or her and Depp. Somehow Depp gets his gun, they wrestle and the gun goes off.
.....Now Depp is a murderer and he ends up fleeing from the law. In some woods, he meets up with a Native American that just happens to speak English. The Native American tries to remove a bullet near Depp's heart
........The movie continues with the 2 of them becoming UNLIKELY friends. They have some good adventures and then there is a good and realistic ending.
........Personally, I would place this in my top ten. I was NEVER A FAN of John Wayne movies because the movies were old and predictable. I like the Good, Bad, and Ugly just because the American Western movies were so BLAND. But, I would never make the spaghetti westerns #1. Maybe about somewhere between 5 and 7. Surely, there MUST be a better choice for #1 ?