Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Today I ran out of moisturizer. The kind you put on overnight, and wake up looking ten years younger. But I couldn't find the right brand. A dermatologist told me once that Ponds cold cream was just as effective as the most expensive product. But I don't believe him. I'm sure there is a miracle in a jar just waiting for me to find it.

I've tried the ones by Diane Keaton and Ellen Degeneruous (excuse spelling). But I don't wake up looking like Diane and Ellen, I wake up looking like Barefoot's grandmother. Oh no, that is me in the mirror.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good face cream that isn't exorbitantly expensive?
Before I got hooked on the stuff by Elizabeth Arden that cost me my life savings, I always used Olay. The basic stuff in the bottle. I guess it is the original with the SPF 15. It has been around for a really long time, before Olay branched out into all those other kinds of stuff for your face.

I have used Olay for years. And when this high end stuff runs out, I might go back to it. Something about an expensive moisturizer makes me feel a little had. But who really knows. And sometimes I wonder how that Hellmann's (that I am always mixing with fresh dill for salmon or with fresh tarragon for chicken salad) might work. I slather the stuff on everything in my refrigerator. I might as well try Hellmann's on my face.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-19-2009 at 10:51 PM.