Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
My 82 year old Auntie El has used Pond's Cold Cream for ever & she looks absolutely Fabulous!

BTW what the hell is "cold cream" any way?

Hijack, any one see my post on the golf day from hell in the sports section?
It ain't pretty.
Might try bowling.

Two posts in a row from me here. Just got into that moisturizer thing with Barefoot's question. So much to think about tonight here in GT.

Anyway, Whalen, your post today about the golf game terrified me. ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!

Now I know for sure that I am destined to be a pariah. Out there on a TV golf course, with my remedial special grip on my favorite club that I use for everything. Missing the ball completely. Feeling those eyes burning behind me, those eyes that will end up burning the collar right off my shirt, until I get thrown out for that.

And all the cute visors and all the cute skirts in Florida will not make me look like I belong.

And you did exactly what I would have done. You made exactly the decision I would have made. Hellooooooo, the course is called TURTLE MOUND. I would have thought the same thing.

I guess I will just have to start a book club when I get there. And I promise not to even care whether anybody actually reads the book.

I hope you went out to lunch and girl talk after. That is the really important part of my golf game anyway. And for any book club with which I am associated. Who ever thought I was an English major????? Geez.

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. I know all about waving people through or picking up the ball and moving on but this sounds like a little much. But what do I know??? And it is AUGUST for heaven's sake. What might they do to you in February????

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 08-20-2009 at 07:14 AM.