View Single Post

Old 05-03-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,680 Times in 3,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Now I am really confused. Is it NY pizza, or Chicago? Can I fold a slice in half and eat it? -or- Do I need a knife, fork and sometimes a spoon to eat it?
None of the above.

It's Florida pizza. Weird crust, sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes which is trendy, but inferior (because people who don't know any better get suckered into believing that trendy = better - like putting a lime in Corona beer, which is Mexico's version of Pabst Blue Ribbon), their mozz is made in Wisconsin with whole milk instead of part skim, resulting in a greasy, messy, and less tasty affair. Their pizza is made with a cooler temperature than it should be, which means fewer crust bubbles and less charring. A big crust bubble, charred in the middle on the edge of the crust, is one (of many) signs of a properly made NY/New Haven style pizza. The crust isn't thin enough to need folding or cutting. It has the consistency of the cardboard Amazon uses to make its shipping boxes. They claim they use a "brick oven" but don't mention what is firing it. If it ain't wood or charcoal, then it doesn't matter if it's brick, ceramic, or metal. It won't come out right.