View Single Post

Old 05-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,785 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
From "The Villages" Trademark website:

"Because “The Villages” is also the name of our community, we understand there are times when folks have to use “The Villages” to refer to our community, inform customers that they serve the needs of our residents, or are located convenient to the community’s boundaries. Such uses are “fair uses” so long as they refer to the community without implying any official connection with it or The Villages Companies or their licensees. Problems can arise, however, if third parties use “The Villages” as a trademark or in some way that makes it hard for consumers to tell whether or not they are affiliated with or endorsed by The Villages Companies."

Of course, there is more detailed info on the website below.

It's all spelled out for businesses to read. And, from what I can discern, they are completely within the Trademark rules.

And I'm sure the roofing company appreciates your concern for their business...
Most excellent reply ! Especially how much a legitimate company would aIppreciate the free legal consulting advice of a villager with time on his/her hands

I appreciate the sincere people who truly try to address the questions of others, or make comments germane to a topic, but most entertaining are the "lectures" of those adults who take time our from the busy resort live style here to lecture other adults on what they should or should not, do. Things like someone asks for suggestions on how to pack something for shipping, and some will post a "lecture" on why the person should not send the item, and perhaps suggest just send a gift card and save money. No thought what so ever, no clue, the some people WANT to send a personally chosen gift. Or a person who asks if anyone has purchased a _____ fill in the blank and asks for feedback if you own the same brand or item. But instead, some will post a "parent like" lecture on why the person should never have purchased the ____ in the first place. My curiosity is always peaked at such posts because I wonder if such people, when out to dinner with other adult friends, face to face, engage in the same tone of lecturing a child as they do on this site ? Hummmm, I wonder ?