View Single Post

Old 05-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Default Daily routine of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I know there are 14 billion (give or take) activities and clubs available here in TV, but not everybody is out running around constantly from sunup to sundown. Sure, I play golf, billiards, might bowl again after I get my knee fixed, drop in on discussion groups now and then, and do some other miscellaneous activities. All the typical Villages stuff. But like I said, I'm not as crazy-active as some out there. (You know who you are! )

Maybe us folks who spend a considerable amount of time at home can post some thoughts so we can see what others do. It's possible some folks could discover something new and interesting. Let's share and see what happens. Here are a few of my home activities...

* I ride my bicycle almost every day. I also do some simple home exercise like pushups, crunches and such;
* I dabble in rhythm guitar. Rhythm keeps it fairly simple so a non rock start like me can enjoy it and get some satisfaction;
* We have a 7 month old puppy now, so it's very easy to spend time having fun with him;
* I read quite a bit;
* I meditate, not in a religious sense, but simple mindfulness meditation focusing on the breath;
* I video game, probably a little more than many of you. I was an early adopter and it's stuck with me to a degree. Of course some word, card, and similar games on my phone, but also some PC and console games;
* Watch video. Not a lot actually. Movies infrequently. TV shows a bit more;
* I keep a journal. Frequency of entries varies a lot, but it's very fun to look back on now and then.

Well? How about you folks? Let's share so we can discover our next great at home activity!
Only way our two cats would approve. There is a certain comfort in having a plan that works. Not for all of course but works for us.