View Single Post

Old 05-10-2023, 12:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,040 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
What is "the Citrus Grove gate"?

To my knowledge, there is no Citrus Grove gate. There are two roads, Kaolin and St. Catherine Circle, that people can use to leave Citrus Grove and pull onto Meggison.

It is the same situation for people who live in the several villages along Pinellas and Hillsborough. Since it works well for those villages, I guess the Developer thought it would work well for Citrus Grove, Newell, Lake Denham, etc.
It’s located on Meggison just after the circle at Sawgrass traveling South East. It says Citrus Grove on the entrance where gates used to be. I believe someone thought the gates would slow cars down, but it does nothing because 2 lanes go in and two lanes exit. One of the lanes is a merge into the other at that gate at exactly the point where golf carts etc cross. It’s a mess. They have removed the gates and all that is there now are two stop signs and the Citrus Grove display. When the gates were in, traffic stopped and stacked into the circle in front of Sawgrass.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 05-10-2023 at 12:38 PM.