View Single Post

Old 05-12-2023, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Perhaps if the gates were put back up? They have been taken off for the past few weeks. They stopped moving cars better than the Stop signs no one stops for.
Exactly….. yesterday while driving my golf cart from Conley toward Sawgrass, there was a Wildwood officer parked maybe 200 ft (plus or minus) on the grass south of the gate watching the traffic go through that gate . He was parked far enough away to be unnoticed until AFTER passing past the gate.

I pulled off the MMP in order to watch to see if he was there to give tickets for blowing through the temporary stop signs at the gate.

Guess what …….NOT ONE SINGLE CAR STOPPED WHILE GOING THROUGH THE GATE !

I watched for about one minute or so and the police officer DID NOT STOP ANY CARS blowing the stop sign. I watched at least a dozen or more cars go by .

Here is my take on it …..

Those temporary stop signs we see at many gates are placed there by Community Watch (in other words, The Villages)

I honestly believe that they are not enforceable (summons wise) as they are not placed there by proper authorities….

I also agree with another poster that a viable solution would be is to turn the walking path between Conley and the Citrus gate into a MMP.

That short paved walking area is actually wider than some of the MMP’s that go behind Fenney towards the Chitty Chatty Bridge over 44

Last edited by jarodrig; 05-12-2023 at 09:56 AM.