View Single Post

Old 05-23-2023, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,650 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi3000 View Post
I am so confused. When i look at Realtor.com, the outline of the villages, only a small Northeast corner seems to be inside the villages east of 441?
That is correct. On Realtor.com's map, start at 441 from the southwestern corner, of Griffin Avenue. Make sure you're looking at the correct one, there are a few Griffin (somethings). I guess some guy named Griffin was famous once upon a time eh? You can tell it's the correct one because it crosses 441 and becomes Avenida Central.

You'll see Legrande veering off Griffin. That's more like a "back road driveway" for a Lady Lake police satellite office, a tire store, the Lady Lake post office, a few banks, and a mexican restaurant on one side, and a bunch of small medical offices including a veterinarian on the other end.

That connects with an MMP (multi-modal path) that runs parallel to 441, which then connects to Paradise Drive. Follow that to Lauren Ln and west to West Schwartz. That is the other "inner perimeter" road and everything contained beneath it will be The Villages. West Schwartz curves around and becomes East Schwartz. East Schwartz curves yet again at the lower right via Jason and Mark roads, into Tarrson. Tarrson is the southern-most road in the area, and runs parallel to Griffin with two gates exiting onto Griffin.

Everything contained within these roads I've mentioned are the "Historic Section" of the Villages, the original three neighborhoods of the original trailer park and extensions.

It is actually a VERY large section of The Villages, the largest in fact, and has more homes in it (over 5000) than any other section.

FYI the Dowling Circle area, east of Boone Park and East Schwartz Blvd - is not the Villages and has no access from their neighborhood. That community's entrance is off Rte. 25.