Thread: Lithium Carts
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2023, 08:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I am back in TV for the first time since August. My wife was here in February. We have 2 rentals and each has a Yamaha gas cart. We are moving here permanantly in about 1 1/2 years, so looking at another cart at some point. One thing struck me HUGE since I have been back and that is how many less Yamaha carts are on the road. It used to be 90%, now it is more like 75-80% Seems like more than half the new carts out there are Lithium EZGO, Star, or Evolution. I talked to a guy at the Villages golf cars and he said he sells more than half of the carts as Lithium, even with the slightly higher price. I have talked to a bunch of people at the squares in all 3 Lithium carts and everyone LOVES them. They all told me they got 60 or 80 miles of range and that was plenty (I agree). So, just was wondering what everyone thought of this trend? Also, if you have a lithium cart, how do you like it? I am VERY interested in an Evolution cart because they get better reviews than star and are way cheaper. Please comment.
Good Questions, Test drove the Star cart and it is very quick and have a friend who has one. Loves it. I could have bought a loaded cart in 2020 for less than 10K including the governors cut.

Star cart accelerator is too close to my leg and brake needs considerable force. Not comfortable for long rides for me. Leg almost hits steering wheel. Brake pedal in the EZ Go is the best as it automatically locks up and is almost like a power brake in a car. Consider your height when purchasing. I am 6 ft 2 inches and only cart that I do not have to duck to get in is a Yamaha and they do not make a good electric cart for TV.

Waiting(hoping) that Yamaha gets a new lithium battery model. No smell, great acceleration and is not "jerky" when backing up slowly.