View Single Post

Old 05-24-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Couple things about the Evolution D5: they can go up to 25mph without any adjustments made on them, making them - from a legal standpoint, not a "golf cart." But because they don't have windshield wipers, they are also not eligible for the LSV legal designation.

So no matter where you're driving it in the Villages, you would be driving it illegally.
. I'd bet a McDonalds Happy Meal, that it's onboard programmable ESC can be programmed to max out at any speed required depending on use and local regs just like all current electric golf carts/LSV's are capable of. I highly doubt they would be willing to exclude this cart from being sold in FL (and maybe other states) as a golf cart. As examples, GEM, Atomic and others come in set at 25mph but all can be properly adjusted to be considered a legal GC. Of course that doesn't preclude it from being changed back. As for street legal, you are likely correct as it does not have a DOT Approved windshield which is required whether it had a wiper or not in FL but that could possibly be a manufacturer's option All that said it could still be driven at any speed inside private property such as a closed gated community UNLIKE T.V.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.