View Single Post

Old 06-03-2023, 05:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
yes costco and sams are cheaper but what ever brand you choose make sure they are the newest HA's available as far as technology .. I have a friend who purchased from costco and they were new HA's but 2nd generation technology ... also make sure you have unlimited lifetime visits for adjustments/fine tuning the first few months can be frustrating getting them fine tuned .. if you spend a lot of time outdoors make sure the HA's have a strong wind supression other wise all you will hear is the crackling noise from wind .. another feature is streaming your TV and phone calls .. I find streamimg raises my comprehension to about 90% on most programs and do not need to use closed caption.. and last but not least is battery consumption.. I wear Resound Omnia's and they are rechareable so every night I just stick them in the charger .. I usually wear my HA's about 15hrs a day and still have about 40% charge left at end of the day .. I stream TV anywhere from 5hrs weekdays to 8/10 hrs watching sports on weekends.. streaming TV uses more battery life
This is excellent advice. If your hearing loss is mild to moderate it isn’t such a big deal but if your hearing loss is severe, like mine, you really need the very latest technology available to be able to fine tune to the frequencies you have lost. My audiologist retests me every year to adjust as necessary.