View Single Post

Old 06-09-2023, 06:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

An option I have found very helpful in ensuring Amazon packages make it to you dependably is to specify Amazon Key Delivery during the checkout process. This option allows the delivery driver, either UPS or Amazon delivery truck, to place your packages in your garage.

To do this, you will need something like the MyQ device and app, which allows delivery drivers a one-time access to trigger your garage door opener by scanning the barcode on the package. MyQ, which is less than $30 from Amazon, is a device that works on your home WiFi, and allows remote access to your garage door via an app on your phone. Besides being a great way to check the status of your garage door, or remotely open and close the door, it is also what is used to allow the Key Delivery. When I bought the MyQ device over a year ago, Amazon was offering a $30 credit for signing up for the Key Delivery service. You also get notifications on your phone showing when your garage door opened and closed. This service has worked flawlessly for me.