Thread: Dental cleaning
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanajim View Post
Is anyone use the dentist by the Publix in Magnolia Plaza? Any good? Thanks
Yes, had 1 crown and two cleanings. They started with the you need tons of work speech, but I said no. I did have a bad tooth which needed to be crowned, so I let them. Here are my issues with them: whatever time you have spent in a dental chair for any procedure, double that amount and this is how slow they are. Any appointment you make, they will call to reschedule a day or so before. They billed my insurance wrong in that my cleanings should have been free and not counted against my total cap for the year, but they coded in such a way that I was billed for them. When I went in for two broken crowns, it took them 1.5 hrs to x-ray and agree they were broken then quoted me $980 for my portion. The weirdest part was when the dentist came in to tell me my x-ray results, she asked if I had a dentist. Confused I said "you?" The assistant then told her I was their patient. Almost 2 months later, they still didn't have insurance approval. I decided to go to Dr Herb Bennett in Leesburg, they had me in the office the next day, took their own x-rays, told me that one crown wasn't actually broken, just the top layer was chipped and they would just file it. The other crown was replaced within the week and my portion was $177. He and his staff were fantastic and ran the office like dentists in other cities. My husband and two friends also went to Magnolia Plaza and had same experience. Magnolia made my husband go two weeks with a temporary crown that kept falling off because they couldn't find the time to reglue it in. They also played the deep cleaning game with my husband. Fortunately, they only deep cleaned 2 teeth but warned him that he would need deep cleaning on all his teeth next time. We are out of there.