View Single Post

Old 08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by florlrl View Post
OK, I'm a bit bitter because I bought during the worst time when The Villages developer, real estate agents and Citizens Bank assessors were in cohoots to force buyers to make decisions on home purchases with no input within 3 hrs all in the name of greed. I used to think it was a friendly village, but now recognize greed. It caused a lot of stress for a lot of people and left me personally feeling duped. That being said, I am disappointed that the quality of the food in the recreation centers and some restaurants in the Villages confines have really declined since 2002, when we initially were positive about The Villages. I also have concerns that the continual development undermines existing property values. Also, I notice that various golf cart paths and facilities in the older sections are not getting the attention that they warrant. I would love to see more updated recreation centers with clean, carpet free, wallpaper free, chandelier free designs. I see a lot of future renovations because they are being built with the past, not future in mind. My new motto...rent, rent, rent!!! That way you can enjoy and make a great decision whether to purchase or where to purchase.
OK , I'm not buying this, I am not convinced that you even live in the Villages .....I started to smell a mouse when you complained about the food in the Rec centers when we all know there is no food in the Rec centers...I can't agree with one thing you have suggested here ...
However, If you did live here I can suggest one activity that you would dearly love< Its the civic players who put on plays several times a year. Rumor has it that they are thinking of doing THE WIZARD OF OZ this year. If in fact they do it , you would be a shoe in for the MARGARET HAMILTON part ...You would have to ride a bicycle but I think you would love it ...and it would change your perception of THE VILLAGES ....We really do have fun here and its a wonderful place to live..........

John Barrymore fumar

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 08-26-2009 at 09:03 PM.