View Single Post

Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
OK, I have to defend my hometown now. We've lived here two years, so I guess I've earned the right to call it my hometown.

First, you can't be duped by The Villages, the real estate agents, Citizen's Bank or anyone else... unless you allow yourself to be. Maybe you didn't ask enough questions, or the right questions. I will agree with you that Citizen's Bank was pushy and quite frankly didn't offer the best deal, so we got our mortgage somewhere else. But, in my opinion, The Villages offers a lot of bang for the buck!

And... I disagree with almost everything else you've said. The Villages is not perfect. But, it's pretty darn close. The food at most all of the Country Clubs is excellent and most of the other restaurants around TV also. I'm not saying "all" but I am saying "most."

When you think of the extent, the vastness of The Villages, it always amazes me on how well kept up it is. I still drive through and am in awe of it's beauty. As far as the decor for the Rec centers, it appears you be a minimalist and maybe it wouldn't hurt to have one of those. But, I do think most people do not like a sterile atmosphere. My decorator friend from Chicago walked around with her mouth open, amazed at how beautifully most Rec Centers are decorated. So much attention to detail.

All of that said, I'm not even mentioning the literally thousands of clubs and activities. I just said to a friend, that originally bought in Arizona, then sold to come here after a visit, "I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to retire here." And our experience with the people, neighbors, club members, couldn't be more joyful. I've always had a firm belief that you get out of life what you put into it.

Well, perhaps you should "rent" elsewhere and see how that works out. I simply can't imagine any other retirement community offering more.

And as our friend Fumar says "The bridge goes both ways."
Well said Chelsea........I agree with all you said!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages