View Single Post

Old 06-11-2023, 03:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,483 Times in 2,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Nickel Tile probably does not use the same workers for private work as they do for Villages construction because then they are held directly responsible for the install by the customer.

The $2M house in Citrus Grove had Nickel Tile's best worker Gary do the tile install. I was in it while it was under construction and the tilework is beautiful. He has over 50 years experience and is the only one that is still paid hourly. I know because he did some of the repair work in one of my bathrooms. It took him seven entire days to redo about half the tile above our tub. What he was allowed to redo looks pretty good, but the parts he was only allowed to patch, not so good.

There are various experiences by homeowners no doubt depending on who the individual worker assigned to your job is. The person who installed our tile was not very skilled. I have pictures of the person doing the install taken by Don Wiley who we hired to take photos while our house was under construction. Don Wiley was great in pointing out defects during construction, including the bad tilework. Many things were fixed during construction and we had faith all defects would be fixed within the first year.

The Certified Tile Installer I consulted when Nickel Tile refused to repair the other two showers properly, said by looking at the photos he could tell the installer did not properly waterproof the shower and he did not use leveling clips, which is why there is a lot of lippage. I gave the statement he wrote for me to Warranty, Nickel Tile, Legal, Sales Management, and others and not one person will hold Nickel Tile accountable.

I have been tortured by the defects in my home which were not only reported during construction, during closing walkthrough, put in writing on the initial punch list, various emails, and reported on two home inspection reports.

Wall tile defects - Google Photos
That installation is a disgrace.
Even the "Developer Can Do No Wrong " brigade could grudgingly agree.
The whole lot needs replacing. That cannot be repaired.
How you progress in face of all the denial, I haven't a clue.
But.
A blown up photo montage board, with appropriate signage, prominently displayed outside the sales office may get a reaction.