View Single Post

Old 06-26-2023, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,731 Times in 1,554 Posts

I use Ashampoo Uninstaller 12, a one-time-only payment ($18.00?) that not only allows you to get rid of temp. files but will also clean your browser(s), optimize your registry, get rid of corrupted files, control what boots up on initial startup (if you're like most people you're running a lot of stuff at startup that you don't need, or probably don't even know are running). It also has an undelete function in case you dump something you need, and a few other things like logging all program installations (handy in case something is installed w/o your knowledge), securely wipe selected files (it has a drag-and-drop feature; an icon that is separate from the main program but allows you to shred certain files by dragging them to the icon), etc.

Computers accumulate junk over the months and years, which slows things down. Since I've gotten this program it does a thorough job of cleanup and optimization: my system is MUCH faster than before I bought the program. I usually do a cleanup once a month or so.