View Single Post

Old 06-27-2023, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,941 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
My wife got the same email and I received something similar from Google. What they doing is combining your email storage with your photos. They set a low limit and then try to charge you for extra storage. It's a money grab.
My wife did have a ton of old email and she deleted a bunch but was still over the limit with some photos that she didn't even know she had on one drive.
She finally started getting her email after deleting almost all of her photos which were really old.
I got the same from Google. Google used to have a photo app called Picaso years ago. You had unlimited storage of all your photos. They did away with that and said Photos would replace that app.
Now all of a sudden Google is combining gmail and photos to a 15gig limit. As soon as you open up gmail there's a statement in bold saying you are almost over the limit and would you like to buy extra storage $20 a month or something like that.
So you either have to delete photos or copy they locally to your hard drive.
PSA AGAIN:
all retail cloud products are designed to sell storage with unlimited connectivity for sharing and backups and security, but someone has to pay for the servers and the maintenance and the security. . .