View Single Post

Old 07-06-2023, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
At what point do the supers, or is it the golf club pros, decide whether a course is closed or restricted due to wet conditions? Can't they decide the night before? I hate getting up at 6:30am only to learn I could've stayed in bed because the course is closed. As for restrictions, one never knows until you get to the course and the starter tells you.😣
Your premise of the course making a decision the night before is based on the probability that the weather guessers have a good handle on the forecast in any one area such as the course you intend on playing. A few days ago, the forecast for TVs was a 85% chance of thundershowers. I'm sure it rained somewhere in TVs, but not at my house. In other words, they have to wait for the storm to pass before assessing the readiness of the course to support players.

I guess the bottom line is you can complain all you want, but it changes nothing. Most likely, it just irritates a lot of people. I recommend you get better at choosing which battles to fight because this one is a loser.