View Single Post

Old 07-11-2023, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,024 Posts

so coincidental that i saw ur post today. it so happened they were by my house today to see the 65lb dog i can't lift into the back seat anymore. that's the real reason i chose them. here i have some basic costs associated with the visit: house call less than 40miles, (which you fit into) is $80. physical exam without bloodwork was $50. nail trim is 35$, and MASSIVE bloodwork inc. senior profile & heartworm test was just under $400. so yeah, be prepared to spend, but when that massive truck pulls up, it's a full functioning hospital with xray machines, surgical table for procedures, and a full dental tub setup that lets them do everything right in front of your home. i'm sure that's where the majority of the $$ goes, i can't imagine the upkeep costs of such an arrangement... btw: i learned many of the so called mobile vets do euthanization only, Clay Oaks is the only 1 i found in my area that does medicine. they are friendly & VERY good with pets. i was a vet tech up north for many years, & this vet has excellent services & is very knowledgeable. i hope i helped you!!