View Single Post

Old 07-13-2023, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life as I know it View Post
Went to Emergency Room a while back. Processing in went smoothly. Waited four hours for a bed which was in the hallway next to the nurses station. Understandable seeing how busy they were. I was to stay overnight because they wanted to monitor my heart. Waited and waited, fell asleep, woke up in the morning, no heart monitor! Never saw a doctor. Finally got a hold of a nurse and I asked him for the blood work results taken the night before. He said he could not give them to me and I would have to wait for a doctor or read the results from my health portal.
Waited, left signed myself out.
This was the second bad experience with The Villages Hospital. I am not going back for a third.
I totally agree with you about the Villages ER. I had an awful experience there in May, 2022. Had to wait for hours on end after they said I was released, just need paperwork signed. But they took their time in getting the papers signed. Waited in a room for 5 hours. I talked to the nurse’s station and they were no help. And then as I continued to wait, I saw the nurse’s desk changing shifts. So at that point it was 8 hours.

But that wasn’t the worst thing that happened during my ER visit. A staff member who took my vitals was abusive. Incident is still on my mind a year later. Contacted the hospital’s administrator, told him what happened and he just told me she was not a part of their regular medical staff, as if that made it ok. Since then I’ve been working with the UF Health Villages’ patient advocate department.