View Single Post

Old 07-14-2023, 06:45 AM
Veteran member
Default Show me the money

I'm not either an actor or a writer, but I did negotiate contracts with the majors twice. Most well-known actors are doing very well money wise. But the majority of the business are working stiffs that live paycheck to paycheck. When you sit down for negotiations you are not sitting opposite the CEO or management you are across the table with people whose jobs are to figure out a way to keep the increase as low as possible or find a way to avoid any increases at all. Now I never considered them the enemy, because I understood the game, but I was also aware that the executives at the same time they were claiming poverty were earning millions of dollars a year. The problem here is larger than the entertainment industry. When workers help a business grow both management and workers should reap the rewards and when a business starts to decline everyone should share the pain. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. When a business starts to turn sour the CEO remains at their highest salary or gets fire with a golden parachute while the workers suffer one way or another. I don't have the answer, but there has to be a better way for this to work.