Thread: Update ?
View Single Post

Old 07-24-2023, 04:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
This past week, Microsoft decided I wanted to update to version 11, I did not want 10 and now they are pushing 11. I got onto my computer first thing in the morning and low and behold the Microsoft fairy had visited me during the night and changed the whole look of my desk top. I use my computer for searching items, for keeping in touch with friends and to keep me amused, so I was beyond annoyed. I no longer use a computer for business, those days are long gone. It took me ages to get my computer back and looking the same.
actually MSFT doesn't decide, you decide. So in this you 'missed the memo' you are able to control whether or not you get updates, when, etc. Also when it wants to do a Win11 update it asks if you want to, and you ARE able to deny it also. It's totally under your control.

Using a computer for business means nothing, most IT depts control your laptop therefore you really don't have the depth to handle these events. I'd suggest brushing up before you do things that would get you hacked.