View Single Post

Old 08-08-2023, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 73 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time
--
Classy move.

We did something similar at Cody's at LSL some time back. Our waitress was having a bad day and was telling all and sundry about it. She was apparently called in on her day off and was pretty miffed about it all. Got huffy with me when the coffee refill I had asked her for didn't appear for about 10 minutes or so and I asked another waitstaff for it, which appeared promptly.

Anyway, when we left (total bill about $25 or so) I gave her a $10 tip (may have been more--can't remember) and said I hoped her day got better. She looked shocked before a big smile appeared on her face.