View Single Post

Old 09-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfangel View Post
<<sure there are grumps and grouches that move into TV. But they don't last long >>

This is my biggest complaint, that you are called a grouch if you want the Villages to make improvements, and this take it or leave it attitude makes the developer very rich.
The pools are small and there is no shade over them. The Villages maybe a wonderful place but it could be better. I would love them to start actually building villages not suburbs called Villages. The one area that could be called a Village is in Sumpter Landing but a little house there costs close to a million. Just don't expect to live in a Village, what you get is a cookie cutter home in suburbia.
Angel,

I'm not sure I understand your post. First of all, I don't think that providing comments to the developer at the time you are buying a home is being a grump/grouch. I do agree that if there are things lacking here that are available elsewhere, and if those things are important to a great many consumers, that people will begin to buy elsewhere. At this point, simple economics dictates that the developer makes some changes. He only gets rich if people buy the products he sells. I also think the suggestions on how to improve (such as the recent one on ballroom dancing) are helpful in keeping the offerings here strong.

I think the therm 'village" as used by the developer here, is not meant to be a re-creation of a self-contained small town, with shops, offices, restaurants, etc. I do think it is a clever marketing approach in that a community of 100000+ people is overwhelming - but by breaking that down into discrete "villages" with a village pool (and all the ones I have visited have shade for my Irish skin) and mail area, buyers feel there is more of a neighborhood feel.

If you feel the only "true villages" are the home towns (and I would add SS as well as LSL - there are villas in SS), then there will eventually be more reasonable homes in the Creekside Cabana area.

I think to call the villages "suburbia" is a stretch. Yes the homes are cookie cutter - not many of us can afford architecturally unique designs for our retirement. We do buy here for the lifestyle - and that is access to lots of activities and entertainment a short cart ride away.

The original poster asked what VILLAGERS disliked about TV. It seems from your posts that you are not a villager. As a non-villager, if this isn't your kind of place, then your best choice is elsewhere. If you think about it, TV will only appeal to a small number of the millions of eligible potential residents. There are about 60 million Americans 55 and over - most won't end up here.

Last edited by katezbox; 09-08-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: spelling