Thread: Barbie (2023).
View Single Post

Old 08-14-2023, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,570 Times in 3,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
She cares about her looks, someone said her ideal is the trailer trash look, it wasn’t me who said that. I said she was not educated, people seem to equate that with smart. There are many forms of smart, education is one of them. I would guess she listened to her handlers, a simple country girl probably would, to people who knew how to work the media. Or do you think somehow, by magic, she just knew everything, from that isolated one-room cabin in the mountains, on her own? Dolly is successful in fame and money, but she paid a price that some people would not. That’s all.
She hasn't ever had handlers. She's had a manager and an agent, who she chose herself, and they work collaboratively. She is smart and shrewd when it comes to business. That business acumen was taught to her by her father, who was illiterate and uneducated, but savvy and able to keep their family afloat in an environment where most people could not. And she is genuine and sincere when it comes to people. She "worked the media" by being true to herself and the values she was taught by her parents. She is unapologetic, and does things her way. She is absolutely a self-made woman and an inspiration to all women.