View Single Post

Old 08-18-2023, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

[QUOTE=spinner1001;2247040]That system sounds simple and elegant but it isn’t. First, loss of one’s paper address book with the only record of dozens or hundreds of important passwords from forgetfulness, fire, hurricane, and so on could be disastrous to one’s life. Risk of loss of a paper address book with my only record of hundreds of passwords is too high for me. Making a duplicate copy of the address book and storing it in a bank safe deposit box and also changing certain passwords monthly requires going to the safe deposit box monthly is a hassle at least for me and I likely would not keep the second copy up to date.

The less convenient any system, the less likely one uses that system over the long run. For me, there is a trade off between very good password technology protection but not 100% risk free and convenience. Nothing is 100% risk free.[/QUOTE

How many password does one have? Hundreds thankfully I don’t spend that much time online

Last edited by thelegges; 08-18-2023 at 08:21 AM.