View Single Post

Old 08-27-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
My wife went through the same thing. At one court beginner play began at 10 but the advanced players that started during open play refused to leave. The people at that particular rec center refused to do anything about it. Some rec centers (Mulberry especially) were good about monitoring it. My wife finally quit PB and took up golf.

Don't give up. State to the line you are a beginner looking for other beginners to play. Maybe, those that are sandbagging will be shamed into shuffling around.

I teach two PCVG beginner groups and I always warn them to avoid the bullies that are too often on the beginner courts. It's a pet peeve of mine.....can you tell? lol
Mulberry is unique due to separate two sides, usually beginner times are on one side of court which last time I look was the south side? The other side and end courts are open play till noon where the courts are reserved. The north side has always been “some say” more advanced.

I use to go Chula Vista the lady there use to run tight ship. She was only one at those courts that came out and ran open players off at 10Am when beginning play was scheduled. I have never be anywhere else where they do that.