View Single Post

Old 08-29-2023, 06:03 AM
Veteran member
Default RJ Gators in Sumter Landing (worth trying again?)

A couple years ago we had a lifestyle visit and went to RJ Gators and it was awful. Now, this was at the very end of Covid. Places were struggling with help and stuff.

In addition to that we probably chose the wrong things to order. Would have had better luck with wings and burgers. Anyhow I had some grouper that had a pineapple glaze. The fish was mushy and gross, the glaze was like pineapple sauce. The worst part was I had broccoli as a side. When I looked at it, it was black in spots. I just assumed it was grilled/roasted. Well, it was rotten. I mean, putrid rotten. I spit it out and told the waitress. She replaced it with green beans that were obviously from a can.

Wife had Shepards pie and it was also horrible. Clearly not made in house. The mashed potatoes were instant, really. Tasted just like KFC mashed.

Now I don't mind trying a place again if I just made a bad choice on the meal. But the rotten broccoli scared me. I had visions of Gordon Ramsey in a refrigerator screaming, "You'll kill someobody!"

So was I just unlucky? Is the place clean and okay? I love the location and atmosphere. Recent experiences?

ETA just looking for experiences of people on the board that have been there recently.

Last edited by frayedends; 08-29-2023 at 07:59 AM.