Thread: Dog parks..ERRR
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2023, 11:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,354 Times in 2,075 Posts

Try Doggie Doo Run Run. This is a 10 acre private dog park that has a small dog section, a big dog section and a 5 acre big field where any dogs can go but they and their users assume the risk.

There are occasional fights but the owners and usual customers do watch out for one another a bit.

The small dog section is for canines 30 lbs or less.

I have had two pooches bitten there so there is a risk. Both of my dogs were attacked by first timers or near first time dog park users. The first dog got bit on the butt by a Weimaraner in the Summer of 2007 while being chased by a group of hound like animals. The second of our dogs at first stared down a pit bull but both dogs walked away but them swung around again. He (my dog) got a hole in the bottom of the paw but the pit bull, luckily, did not bite down. It was new to the owner as well as to the dog park. Just a bit of bad luck.

But we have had many days of enjoyment using Doggie Doo Run Run and most of the time the dogs and the owners behave.

There have been a few near fights between humans there as well. Few and far between though. And I met many very interesting people over the 16 years we have gone there. They opened in 2003 and just had their 20th Anniversary Party. Some the dog owners have been going there since that time but not many.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-30-2023 at 11:57 PM.