View Single Post

Old 09-04-2023, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
It’s odd to me how the executive golf courses beautifully landscape then refuse to maintain the beauty … we have a large bed in back of our house in Okeechobee which originally had 4 palms, several grasses and several red roses… they never took care of the grasses so they removed them… they now ignore both the roses and weeding.. the roses although not dead might as well.. Cannot ignore proper fertilization and trimming with roses. Workers drive by all day in bliss and ignorance. My wife and a neighbor periodically weed… and in the hour doing so they get several comments from players that they also have to weed behind their homes due to lack of maintenance… yet they charge a significant premium for these lots … quite a low standard to measure performance.. sometimes I wonder if they even understand the proper approach to maintaining a decorative bed. It is sad when the golf courses take advantage of paying neighbors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Executive Golf Maintenance
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-674-1885

Share with us what you find out……….
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomterrif View Post
I am amazed how many people make excuses for the poor maintenance of tbe beds in the golf courses and the condition of the courses. If one buys a home in tbe golf course should not your expectation be that tbe maintenance continues to meet the standard it was at purchase… go you exo ct that if the house next to you…. Do you not have recourse when it is not true…. I watch the fairways being mowed so close in tbe wi ter that there is almost no grass… is that tbe right use of labor…. I se damaged greens…. Admittedly golfers are not asked to repair ball marks or take sand straps…. That really means they’re have zero golf etiquette but most of the damage I see is from scalping the green, fluid leaks, or fertilizer burning. They need a plan to assure the same level of maintenance after the executive course is transferred from the developer to the CCD..:. Maybe a larger trust fund required… however even the championship courses suffer…. Their condition has dramatically decreased in the 16 years we have been coming here… tearing down the clubhouse on Hacienda never being an example… anyway improper maintenance may well be one factor that kills the golden egg of our housing investments…
So, you didn’t call?