Thread: Bad landscaping
View Single Post

Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Default Contractors

We had to go to Crimes against Seniors at the Sheriff's office about a General Contractor we hired to close in our lanai. By the time he and his sub contractors got done part of our living room ceiling came down we got mold and the patio they poured all cracked - they cut the phone line the DSL line and the sprinkler system in the back of the house - it was a nightmare for us for months - the people he hired disappeared into the "black hole" somewhere and so didn't he for awhile. The Sheriff told us that everyone that has work done should come and check with them to see if they have a complaint filed with them. Crimes against Seniors work with the Attorney General's office. The General Contractor is still in business and I wonder how many other people have been ripped off by this guy. He had references and all the insurance certificates and the contractors license required to no avail. It was costly and caused us much stress. My husband had to finish alot of the work so we could put our 4 year old house back together. If anyone wants to know the name of this guy I will be happy to tell you. Also, what I was told is that these horrible contractors change the name of their business once they get in trouble and they are never found. So beware of these guys they are out there.