View Single Post

Old 09-09-2023, 01:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Oh, and it was a Law School class...

Stanford Law School Student Hooligans Shout Down Federal Judge – California Globe

An administrator was called to help quiet things down, and she egged on the protestors...

"The shouting became so loud that Duncan asked for an administrator to keep order, according to the video. Tirien Steinbach, the law school’s associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion, took to the microphone and gave a speech that accused Duncan of causing “harm.”

“Do you have something so incredibly important to say,” she asked him, that it is worth the “division of these people?”

Anyone care to explain to me how this is an "exchange of ideas that is very much alive on campus"?
The new way of teaching is "don't make anyone upset." I read my nephew's college term paper. He has to take extraordinary measures to make certain a pronoun is not used incorrectly. Colleges take the meaning of harm to a whole new level. He is very much restricted in what he can say and write.

Example: I just wrote: He is very much restricted in what he can say and write. Fail! This statement would imply that he alone is being restricted.

He has to write something like. The college holds each of their students accountable for their speech and written word. Nope! Fail! This would imply the college does not hold its staff and administrators accountable only the students.

He says it gets easier with more and more practice but has to reread what he wrote over and over to make certain a pronoun harms no one.

Maybe a silly slip-up caused the uproar on that campus?

Last edited by margaretmattson; 09-09-2023 at 02:52 AM.