View Single Post

Old 09-13-2023, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

This thread is confusing and most don’t get it. The OP was talking about Schwab as a brokerage, nothing to do about the thousands of stocks/funds/etf’s you can buy from any brokerage. Some posters believe they have to join vanguard to purchase vanguard funds, or fidelity to buy fidelity funds, which is not true. Most of my holdings are vanguard index funds which I purchased thru Schwab.

When has anybody investigated how their monies/funds are protected if a disaster hit the brokerage? I did years ago, and the way Schwab has developed their way of doing business protects us investors just in case something happens to them. I’d advise people to inquire each of the brokerage houses to see which 1 in their eyes provides the most security for your money/investments.

I have been with many brokerage firms because of 401k’s, ira’s, rollovers for decades and the tools at Schwab are 1 of the best for doing my investing, I don’t use anybody to invest for me, I do everything myself. Years ago, I rolled everything into multiple accounts under Schwab and couldn’t be happier.