View Single Post

Old 09-14-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marle View Post
Yes. This year there is a $2 cost per day that gives you access to every act all day long. Come Friday the 29th and stop in to see Maria Williams from 4:15 to 5:15 in the Rhett Butler room. Oldies, Rock & Roll, Country -- you'll get 100% entertainment and more that your $2 worth!! I hope to see you there.
Yes BUT why the $2 charge? The performers aren't paid. The rec center is our rec center operated from amenity fee funding, I believe.

I called the center and the manager told me that last year too many folks showed up who were not Villagers. Somehow charging us $2 a day will help stop this?!? Seems like they can require Village ID to alleviate that issue. Oh, and, charge non-residents if they wish to enter.

Oh, and then I called the Entertainment Department and John Rohan told me they were charging in order to be able to add some "decorations", and increase the "advertising"! I told him that sounds like BS (abbreviated) and he hung up on me.

I hope you will follow up and let us all know about what changes $2 a head provided!

Last edited by n8xwb; 09-14-2023 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typos