Thread: Cat Sitter Cost
View Single Post

Old 09-17-2023, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,701 Times in 3,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
I am currently renting in TV as I make a final decision on purchasing and becoming a FT resident when I retire later this year. When I do become FT in TV I will come with seven cats (Please no cat lady jokes, thank you…) All of them are rescuers under 2 years old. One cat requires seizure prevention meds 2 times a day.

For those posting their rates, what would be a daily rate for 2 daily visits, one early AM and the second early PM to feed, change/clean litter, play/interact/housesit for 1 hour min each visit?

Daily pics are not needed, I will have a bedroom dedicated to the cats and will have 2 observation camera’s in the bedroom and other cameras throughout the house.
I hope all 7 are strictly indoor cats. I also hope you understand, acknowledge, and agree to abide by the rule that you're only allowed 2 pets per household - so you won't be allowed to replace any, until you only have one left. And then, you can replace - one.

I'd happily come to feed, water, clean the litter box, and spend some "human-pet quality time" with neighborhood cats. I wouldn't charge a thing. But you couldn't pay me enough to take responsibility for your 7 cats. Especially if one of the seven has daily medical needs. And if I had a cat with daily medical needs, I'd never leave her to strangers in the house.