View Single Post

Old 09-23-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Build or buy what you can afford. A lot of people build or buy here because it’s a Disneyland for older citizens or retirees. Like we were told buy our realtor the bigger percentage of the people who move to TV will buy a 2nd or 3rd home. We really miss TV but we think our children were more important and unfortunately one lives in Texas where we chose to move to & our other child & his family live in Ohio, we miss them dearly.Wherever you buy in TV you won’t go wrong but some people will tell you some place are very clickish . We always liked the south end, we got along with everybody there unfortunately I can’t speak for any other part of TV. WARNING: don’t get it in your head about building a home the way you want or try to wheel & deal, it’s safe to tell you, you get what TV builds. Good luck, you’ll love TV!
Was able to build exactly what my wife wanted and I wanted a cart garage on a lot that I was told was too narrow. Had them move the home back ten feet and after a call, it was approved. The Villages will work with you. Amazing place to live. Very safe and fantastic neighbors. Was told recently by Sumter County that our home is good enough to shelter in place during storms. Excellent construction.