View Single Post

Old 09-26-2023, 04:04 PM

I purchased a Mac Mini and the 27" Mac Studio monitor a couple months ago but you can use any other monitor that has a HDMi connection. Since you are wanting a desktop, I'd go this way. You will also want to get a keyboard and mouse. I'd recommend the extended keyboard that has numeric keys on the right side if you do a lot of number entries. iMacs are good too but I hate to keep buying a computer and a monitor. The Mac Studio is pricey but it is a great monitor. My next upgrade in 10 years will not include a monitor. Macs can no longer be user upgraded. RAM and SSD's are soldered to the mother board so I made sure to get the RAM and SSD space that would last me for the next 10 years (32GB and 1TB). Yes, they do last that long and longer. It's just that the OS gets to a point that it can't be upgraded to the latest version but Apple continues to support the last OS for at least 3 years. My Mac mini replaced a 10 year old 27" iMac. Didn't have an issue with it - just getting close to no longer having security updates to the OS. My wife has a 2017 21" iMac. She will not be able to upgrade to Sonoma OS but she will get security updates for 3 more years. Then she will make the switch to a mac mini and a studio monitor.

BTW, I used to program PC's at work but have had Macs at home since 1986. Macs just always seem to work.