View Single Post

Old 09-29-2023, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I can deal with dents and the like but is there anything else to worry about with refurbished computers?
after reading most of the threads obviously from people not in the know, you should always buy refurbished from the manufacturer no other place. Here's why, Other outlets may tamper with them in such a way that it causes problems in the future. When you buy refurb from the manufacturer you are getting one right out of "the shop" aka their refurb facility. Manufacturers do this all the time. When they refurb a computer, they will look at anything that has failed or near failing, and inadequate with 'today's standard' . In many cases should some part be obsolete they will use the current version (this will never be mentioned so consider it a hidden benefit). As far as picking up virus, etc. That doesn't happen. The drive is typically replaced during refurb. Each manufacturer has a setup that produces first install software & OS images for new machines, they will use one of those. The old drives will go through a different process to evaluate them before they get zeroed and redone.

Your only issue is the processor and age, they will tell you if it's able to run Win11 or not. Considering Win11 isn't 'settled down' as of yet, you have a couple years to wait if you so choose.

So due to these processes is why you deal directly with the manufacturers, not amazon or best buy. These are not like the "open box" which personally I stay far away from. I used to buy refurbs for the kids, never had a single problem, and they lasted as long as the new ones did.

Do you homework.