View Single Post

Old 10-01-2023, 04:35 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
All reality TV is scripted, it’s making us simpleminded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Lordy, who watches this stuff. So fake.

OP, I don’t know about this one’s specifics, but I do know I have strong opinions on what reality shows have helped to do to America — only a part of this hellscape we might not survive, but part of the mix, for sure.

Re. Reality shows in general:

Cringeworthy at best. Horrifying at worst.

But lots of people watch that stuff. That’s a problem.

The writers’ strike (the one before the current one) brought an onslaught of fake, crass, boorish, shallow, just plain stupid “entertainment” — and here we are, dumb and dumber and dumbest. Reality shows? Cause or Symptom? (Well, not the only cause, but a contributing factor for sure, one of them in particular.)

Here we are now, too many of us……..

Brains sucked out. (Check)

Amygdalae hijacked (Check)

Following reality show stars to the point of blind worship. (Check)

Adoration of those who do all the things we taught our children not to do. (Check)

Manipulated and Exploited. (Check)

Susceptible. (Check)

Forgotten dignity. (Check)

Fake is Truth and Truth is Fake. (Check)

And it has been so easy.

Boomer

- - - - - - - - - - -

Addendum : Oh my! I should and must clarify that I wrote the post above when I woke up in
the middle of the night……

Just woke up again and realized it could be interpreted as saying the OP was dumb for watching “”The Golden Bachelor” —- sorry and no that was not it……..

I admit to being a little curious about that one. Might look once. Will see. But know I won’t stick around as a fan.

The thing I wrote, half-asleep, I stand by though — because I am mystified and terrified by the dumbing down of America. I love this country and I want it to be OK, forever.

Boomer, again

Last edited by Boomer; 10-01-2023 at 07:53 AM.