View Single Post

Old 10-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,412 Times in 4,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I have forgotten more about HUNTING than most people know. As far as polar bears go, only a FOOL (with a death wish) would try to KILL a polar bear with a bow WITHOUT a guide backup with a RIFLE. Yes, a hunting party of Arctic natives could kill a polar bear with only arrows, but they are exceptional, and would probably have a rifle backup.
.........Let's go over this one MORE time.........Polar bears live mainly on Sea Ice. When they set PAWS on firm ground, the native North Americans and whites also kill them. They MUST live on Sea Ice. Sea Ice has DECREASED by 33% in the last 20 years. Scientists predict that it will RAIN (not snow) for long periods in the Arctic by 2050. So, that is WHY Polar Bears are "threatened" and will be looked at scientifically to potentially be placed on the ENDANGERED species list. This is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC present and future status for Polar Bears.
........If some POLITICAL ENTITY IN CANADA wants to hunt them..........I don't care........except to say they are STUPID.............and the world of environmental protectors SHOULD get together and stop that. I think that I will call my friend Greta Thunberg and make that suggestion.
If the sea ice has decreased by 33%, why has the Polar Bear population grown by over 400%?

-Tom Petty