Thread: Taylor Swift
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2023, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,689 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
I agree with almost everything you say here, but all our stars are not completely washed up. The Stones, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and a few others have stood the test of time and could still rock the Super Bowl half-time show.
On The Eagles: Glen Frey is dead.
On The Stones: Charlie Watts is dead.
Bruce Springsteen: Cancelled all his shows because of failing health.
So yeah you've got Billy Joel.
We have a lot of other stars, but none of them would perform at an NFL half-time. I mean - could you imagine Genesis or Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull at a half-time concert? They're all still performing, they're all still amazing. And not one of them would do it. So they don't count.

What counts is who WOULD perform for a Superbowl halftime show. Remember these shows are only around 20 minutes long. The bands we would want to see - wouldn't even be able to set up their drum kits for something like this. A Pink Floyd halftime? Are you kidding me? The theatrical lighting and laser show alone would take 6 hours to set up, let alone the enormous helium pig held by around 20 people until they release it into the air.

What they need are individuals, fancy costumes, fireworks, choreography, and canned background music. Pop stars can deliver that in spades.