Thread: Cat Sitter Cost
View Single Post

Old 10-14-2023, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,688 Times in 3,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
I am currently renting in TV as I make a final decision on purchasing and becoming a FT resident when I retire later this year. When I do become FT in TV I will come with seven cats (Please no cat lady jokes, thank you…) All of them are rescuers under 2 years old. One cat requires seizure prevention meds 2 times a day.

For those posting their rates, what would be a daily rate for 2 daily visits, one early AM and the second early PM to feed, change/clean litter, play/interact/housesit for 1 hour min each visit?

Daily pics are not needed, I will have a bedroom dedicated to the cats and will have 2 observation camera’s in the bedroom and other cameras throughout the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
Yes, all my cats are INDOOR ONLY Spaded and Neutered, full shots and micro-chipped.

As for the so called "rule" of the number of pets you say I need to abide by, the owner of the house I am renting has 3 small dogs, she has been a multi-unit owner in TV for over 10 years. Her neighbor, who has lived in TV full time for 8 years also has 4 (indoor only) cats and a saltwater tank with 15 coral fish. I am assuming this "2 pet only" rule you mention seems to be either flexible and/or not enforced.

Even at no charge, I would never have you near my cats anyway, your a complete stranger. As for the cat with daily medical needs, its only providing 1/2 a pill twice a day, vet has validated as long as dosage is given there should be no issues to prevent me traveling. I have never had any problems before with using a friendly, qualified and vet recommended home pet sitter, in fact most vets highly recommend using a home sitter instead of boarding. All previous siters I have used I have fully qualified and made sure the sitter and my cats get interaction time before I travel.
If you would only consider qualified, vet-recommended home sitters, then why would you be asking on a public forum, to total strangers, what they charge? What difference does it make what these people charge? They're complete strangers that you wouldn't let near your cats anyway, just like I am.