View Single Post

Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Eternal Member

Hey Beaver, er, I mean Jan (sorry, the pic threw me),
Thanx for your lawyer's guidance on cart insurance, but it still leaves a bog hole in some questions that have been cussed and discussed in here. Specifically, under Florida law, when is a golf cart a golf cart, when, if the speed capability exceeds 19 MPH, does it become a LSV, and when does it exceed the parameters of a LSV and what does it then become. And, of course, the critical elements, what are the legal and insurance implication?

Some sample comments:
Joe has his golf cart timed by Sumter County's finest using the latest technology in radar at 26MPH. Is he cited for a speeding golf cart or operating a LSV with it being licensed)?

Deb is driving her golf cart, takes a corner too fast, and throws Fumar from the cart into a wall. Fumar is hurt pretty badly and must be med-evaqed. The local constabulary time the cart with radar, capable of 28 MPH. Do the cops rule the cart a LSV? Does Deb's golf cart insurance cover her ever increasing liability from Fumar's helicopter flight, hospital TLC, and plethora of tests? Or does that company say, "no, not my job man" and deny coverage because it ain't a golf cart anymore?

There were many more examples cited, some quite realistic, some maybe not so much. We've had former insurance folks and ex-lawyers who can and have cited personal experience in Ohio, Maine, or Idaho, and they seemingly support at least both sides of the arguments. Jan (or Beav) could your tame lawyer address this?

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e